Develop Acting Skills with Fun Theatre Games
Drama has never been this much fun!
One of the coolest things about drama is that you can learn a lot by playing silly games! In each session of this highly-interactive program, we’ll put the spotlight on a different acting skill, from pantomime (acting without words) to developing a character. We’ll guide students through hands-on practice with every skill as they play the games and try out the activities that make up Spotlight.
Young actors have the opportunity to give a very brief performance for their peers during each session, and we can add an optional parent showcase at the end of our final meeting (add $150 to the price listed above). Educators and parents will be glad that Spotlight builds confidence, teamwork skills, and creativity. Kids will be glad that Spotlight is a lot of fun!
The price shown above applies to a school-paid Spotlight Drama Club. A self-paid program costs $119 per student.
Drama Club Students Since 2009
Number of Student Performances So Far
Parents Who Say Student Enjoyed Program
Why Drama Club is Awesome
A complete after-school enrichment solution
We provide a comprehensive arts enrichment program that includes a highly-qualified teaching artist, fun and age-appropriate activities, and informative parent letters.
No-fear performing arts
Spotlight is a non-threatening introduction to theatre. We’ve never met a kid who doesn’t like hands-on learning! Since the program is activity-based, we minimize stage fright while building confidence.
Absences are no problem
If you’re putting on a play, students missing rehearsals can be a big deal. But in Spotlight, we focus on a different skill each week. That means that if a student misses one session, she can return the following week with no problem.
Why Choose Drama by George?
- We Believe in Kids. Educational theatre isn’t a small part of what we do — it’s the main thing we do. We’ve offered character-building programs for children and teens since 2007.
- A Proven Concept. Thousands of Kentuckiana students have benefitted from our after-school programs since 2009. Young actors frequently enjoy our programs so much that they return again and again!
- You’ll Deal with the Artistic Director. We take pride in being a locally-owned small business. If you ever experience a problem with your Drama Club, contact George Halitzka, our Artistic Director. He’ll do everything he can to resolve the problem — personally.
What Educators and Parents Are Saying
"[Drama club] really does boost confidence and reading fluency. Thanks for choosing Stopher as one of your sites."
- Penni Flinn, 2nd Grade Teacher, Stopher Elementary School (Louisville, KY)
"The kids had a ball, and the play was outstanding. Your program is top-notch."
- Holly Liter, Parent of a 3rd Grader